Saturday, August 14, 2010

My All-City Big Block

I always try to build up new frames to ride so that I can give real feedback and show some of non-stock options for custom builds. The All-City Big Block was long overdue for some miles.

I got this one built up just in time for the Rocky 8 race and figured it would be a perfect road test for this street machine.

Choosing some new but classically designed components and using some old faithful wheels to get it rolling.

The IRD Defiant crankset is a perfect nod to the Campy Nuovo Record Pista cranks, solid clean and simple at an affordable price ($160). For comfort and convenience I went with the Eastern PC platform pedal with some RE Load Lockdown Jawns. The Thickslick ($30) tire is by Freedom, WTB's new urban brand, which proved to be a great tire for the day. Great traction and super puncture and pinch resistance.

The Selle Italia Turbo saddle ($60) was super comfy and durable despite all of the rain and thrashing throughout the day. The Velo-Orange seatpost looks great and provides a bit more set back to get you over the back wheel a little more for power in the saddle.

Keeping in the theme of shiny new parts I have the Velo-Orange sealed bearing headset, VO 17 degree Stem and Cromo Deda Velocita handlebars.

The bike is a perfect urban fixed gear with enough versatility to keep you rolling through the winter on some cross tires as well as racing all summer at the velodrome.

I am going to be lacing up some new wheels just for this bike as I have already swapped these onto my new All-City Nature Boy. All-City New Sheriff hubs to Velo-Orange PBP rims, all shiny and silver, I will definitely get some more pics up as soon as I get them done, in my spare time...

No comments:

Post a Comment